Steak and Potato Salad
Yes, you can have your meat and potatoes while staying healthy at the same time -- this satisfying and easy salad is proof.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2011
- 1 1/2 pounds small potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound sirloin steak (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan (1 ounce)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until golden brown and tender, 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large heavy skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over high. Pat steak dry; season steak with salt and pepper and cook until browned and medium-rare, 3 to 5 minutes per side (reduce heat if skillet begins to scorch). Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes, then thinly slice against the grain.
In a large bowl, combine romaine and arugula. Add potatoes, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons oil and toss to combine. Top salad with steak and Parmesan and serve with lemon wedges.