Parmesan Chicken with Mushrooms and Brussels Sprouts
Chicken tenders encrusted with Parmesan and panko breadcrumbs bake in one pan while mushrooms and Brussels sprouts roast in another for an easy and tasty weeknight meal.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2011
- 1/3 cup panko or plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan (2/3 ounce)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound cremini or button mushrooms, trimmed and halved (quartered if large)
- 3/4 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise (quartered if large)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a small bowl, mix together panko and Parmesan. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, toss chicken with 1 teaspoon oil and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Arrange chicken in a single layer and sprinkle with panko mixture. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and bake on upper rack until topping is golden brown and chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss mushrooms and brussels sprouts with 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast on lower rack until golden brown and tender when pierced with a knife, 20 minutes. Serve vegetables with chicken.