Steak Salad with Orange-Honey Dressing
Make dinner for one a healthy affair with a salad whose star is juicy-yet-lean steak and a vibrant orange-honey dressing.
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2011
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 eye of round steak, fat trimmed (4 ounces)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 medium orange, peel and pith removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small heart romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small carrot, shaved with a vegetable peeler
In a small skillet, heat 1/2 teaspoon oil over medium-high. Pat steak dry; season with salt and pepper and cook until medium-rare, 6 minutes, flipping halfway through. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain.
Working over a medium bowl, cut out orange segments, then squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from membranes. Whisk in honey and 1 teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce, onion, and carrot and toss to combine. Transfer salad to a plate and top with steak.