Mini Mocha Cheesecakes
These little cakes resemble molten chocolate cakes, but are actually cheesecakes. The dessert may seem rich, but it's made with nonfat cottage cheese instead of cream cheese. Bake them in a muffin tin and let them set in the fridge before turning out onto plates.
- Yield: Makes 9
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2011
- 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 9 chocolate wafer cookies, such as Famous
- Whipped cream (optional), for serving
Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line 9 standard muffin cups with cupcake liners. In a food processor, combine cottage cheese, eggs, confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, flour, espresso powder, and vanilla. Process until smooth, 4 minutes, scraping down sides as needed. Divide mixture among cups and place 1 cookie on top of each. Bake until fillings are set and cookies soften, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool to room temperature in pan on a wire rack, then refrigerate at least 1 1/2 hours (or, covered, up to 3 days). To serve, invert cheesecakes onto plates and peel off liners. Top with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.