Mini Mocha Cheesecakes
Don't be fooled -- these rich-looking desserts may look like a cheesecake had a baby with a molten chocolate cake, but they're much lower in fat thanks to the nonfat cottage cheese taking the place of cream cheese.
- Yield: Makes 9
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2011
- 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 9 chocolate wafer cookies
- Whipped cream (optional), for serving
Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line 9 standard muffin cups with cupcake liners. In a food processor, combine cottage cheese, eggs, confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, flour, espresso powder, and vanilla. Process until smooth, 4 minutes, scraping down sides as needed. Divide mixture among cups and place 1 cookie on top of each. Bake until fillings are set and cookies soften, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool to room temperature in pan on a wire rack, then refrigerate at least 1 1/2 hours (or, covered, up to 3 days). To serve, invert cheesecakes onto plates and peel off liners. Top with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.