Under 30 Minutes
Emeril's Broccoli and Cauliflower Stir-Fry
There's no convincing necessary to get kids to gobble these healthy vegetables. Have all your ingredients ready -- they'll cook quickly in a sizzling hot wok. The broccoli keeps its bright green color while the cauliflower absorbs the wonderful aromatic flavors of the stir-fry.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3/4 pound broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 3/4 pound cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a wok or large skillet, heat oil over high. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 10 seconds. Add broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, and pinch of red-pepper flakes and cook, stirring, about 4 minutes. Add broth and stir to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add oyster sauce and cook, stirring to combine, 1 minute. Spoon over rice and serve immediately.