Grapefruit and Watercress Salad
This deceptively simple and well-balanced salad combines a variety of flavors and textures -- tart, creamy, peppery -- and comes together in a snap.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2007
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ruby red grapefruit
- 2 bunches watercress, tough stem ends removed (about 8 cups)
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled, thinly sliced lengthwise and halved crosswise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Make dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, and oil until combined.
Peel and cut grapefruit into segments (reserve juice for another use). Add watercress, avocado, and grapefruit to bowl with dressing. Season with salt and pepper; toss gently to combine. Serve.