Raw Beets with Orange-Coriander Vinaigrette
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August
- 1 1/4 pounds small young beets (mix of red, golden, and Chioggia), trimmed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
- Sea salt flakes, and freshly ground pepper
Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Peel beets. Using a mandoline, thinly slice into rounds. Transfer to ice-water bath; refrigerate 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, and honey in a medium bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Whisk in coriander and orange zest. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, and set aside.
Drain beets, and pat dry. Add beets to dressing; toss to combine. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.