Cupcakes are a popular treat for birthday parties and other festive gatherings. Add to the decor of your celebration by displaying them on a lovely homemade stand. (And when the party's over, use the stand to display vases, plants, or any other decorative objects you like.)
Tools and Materials
- Cupcake stand template
- Carpenter's triangle
- Carpenter's compass
- 1/4-inch MDF (micro-density fiberboard)
- Jig saw with fine-tooth blade
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Tack cloth
- Foam paintbrush
- White paint
- Wood glue
- 1/2-inch tack nails or brads
Cupcake Stand How-To
1. Download cupcake stand template to use as a guide. With a ruler, carpenter's triangle, compass, and pencil, draw out components of stand on 1/4-inch MDF.
2. Cut out all pieces using a jigsaw fitted with a fine-tooth blade. Sand all edges with fine-grit sandpaper and remove dust with tack cloth.
3. Using a foam brush, apply two coats of paint to all parts of the stand.
4. Once paint is dry, assemble stand using wood glue and 1/2-inch tack nails. Attach center brace perpendicular to and in the center of back board, then attach each of the three tiers.
All tools and materials, including Martha Stewart Living paint in Picket Fence, available at The Home Depot.