Cleverly arranged -- and charmingly decorated -- cups become a festive happy birthday banner that doubles as a fun party game.
Tools and Materials
- Happy birthday template
- Post-it full-adhesive craft paper
- Alphabet template
- Paper party cups
- Paper party bags
- Starburst punch
- Seam binding or ribbon
- Candy and/or small gifts
- Ping-Pong balls
Party Cup Garland and Game How-To
1. Download happy birthday template and print onto adhesive paper. For additional letters for a name or alternate message, download alphabet template, enlarge to 160 percent, and print onto adhesive paper.
2. Using scissors, cut out two sets of desired letters. Affix one set of letters to cups, using one letter per cup, and affix the other set of letters to bags, using one letter per bag.
3. Cut out strips of adhesive paper and affix to front of as many clothespins as there are lettered cups. Punch starbursts out of adhesive paper and stick to top half of each clothespin, creating a bull's-eye.
4. Using the clothespins, attach cups to seam binding or ribbon to spell out birthday message. Space cups evenly and hang on wall.
5. Fill bags with candy and/or small gifts, and arrange to spell out same message on cups.
6. To play game, toss Ping-Pong balls into cups, aiming at the starburst bull's-eyes. When a player gets a ball in a cup, they win the prize in the corresponding lettered bag.
Craft paper from Post-it (More Info | Buy). Starburst punch available from Martha Stewart Crafts.