Papaya Citrus Vinaigrette
Use this vinaigrette to dress mixed greens, sliced avocado, or our Easter Salad.
- Yield: Makes about 3/4 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 1998
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Seeds from 1 small red papaya
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Whisk in lemon juice. Whisk in another tablespoon olive oil. Whisk in orange juice and another tablespoon olive oil. Whisk in vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Gently stir reserved papaya seeds into salad dressing. Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.