Mozzarella di bufala is available at most supermarkets. Mortadella, a smoked sausage, is available at specialty-food stores.
- Yield: Makes one 12-inch pizza
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2009
- 1 round Chris Bianco's Pizza Dough
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella (di bufala or fior de latte), excess liquid squeezed out, thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices mortadella, halved to form semicircles (about 1 ounce)
- 1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
Arrange cheese evenly over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with the mortadella, garlic, and thyme. Drizzle with oil.
Broil and bake pizza, as directed. Drizzle with more oil, and sprinkle with red-pepper flakes.