Celery Root Remoulade
Traditional remoulade is made with mayonnaise. We have lightened this traditional side dish with a lemony-yogurt dressing.
- 1 medium celery root (about 12 ounces)
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Peel celery root; core apple. Grate both on the large holes of a box grater. Place in a medium bowl, and toss with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, cream, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add to grated celery root and apple, and toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, March 2001