Honey-Gingerbread Cookie Dough
This recipe for honey-gingerbread cookie dough from the December 2007 issue of Martha Stewart Living is used to make Television's Gingerbread Town-Square Cake of 2007.
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in a medium bowl.
Beat butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment at medium-high speed until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in honey and molasses. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture, and beat until just combined. Divide dough into 3 portions, and wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before using.