This recipe from chefs Lee Hanson and Riad Nasr (Minetta Tavern) is used to make their Roast Farmers Chicken.
- 2 pounds large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream, heated
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese curds or grated fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup milk, heated (optional)
Place potatoes in a large saucepan, and add enough water to cover by at least 2 inches. Add salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, and return to saucepan. Stir until dry.
Pass potatoes and garlic through a ricer into a large bowl; Stir until smooth.
Return potato mixture to saucepan. Add heavy cream and butter; stir to combine. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Place saucepan over low heat and stir in cheese curds until melted, adding milk to thin, if necessary; serve immediately.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, March 2009