Source: Everyday Food, March 2007
- 8 3/4-inch-thick slices baguette, cut on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, from 2 lemons
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna in olive oil, drained, reserving 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced crosswise
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place slices on a baking sheet. Brush top side with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, 2 tablespoons mustard, and reserved tuna oil; season with salt and pepper. Add tuna, beans, parsley, shallot, and celery; toss to combine.
Spread bread with remaining 2 tablespoons mustard. Top with tuna salad, and serve.