Perfect Egg Sandwich
This fabulous recipe is courtesy of "The Martha Stewart Show."
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- Coarse salt
- 1 toasted English muffin, or a 3-inch piece soft baguette, split
- Cooked bacon (optional)
- Cooked sausage patty (optional)
- Grated Gruyere (optional)
- Chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley, or basil (optional)
Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet until melted. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with a pinch of salt. Add egg mixture to skillet.
Using a heatproof rubber spatula, gently pull the egg away from the sides of the skillet toward the center. As the eggs start to set, stir them gently until curds form, about 2 minutes.
When egg is completely set, fold the egg into quarters and place on the bottom half of the English muffin or baguette. Add cheese, bacon, sausage, or herbs, as desired; top with remaining half of English muffin or baguette.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2006