Cold Sweet Potato Salad
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 3 1/2 pounds), peeled, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced, crosswise, white and light green, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or safflower oil
- Freshly ground pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and a large pinch of salt. Return to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain in a colander, then spread in a single layer on a baking sheet to cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, orange juice, zest, and scallion. Whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add to sweet potatoes, and toss gently to combine. Garnish with scallion greens.