No-Bake Summer Lasagna
These lasagnas are light yet substantial. Best of all, you don't have to turn on the oven.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2010
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken in half crosswise
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 zucchini (about 1 pound total), halved if large and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
In a small bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, and 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles according to package instructions; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add garlic and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until slightly broken down, about 3 minutes. Transfer tomatoes to a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil and zucchini to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until zucchini are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to another bowl and stir in basil.
Place some tomatoes on four plates; top with a noodle and small spoonfuls ricotta, zucchini, and more tomatoes. Repeat layering twice, then top with remaining noodles and tomatoes. Garnish with basil.