Pork Chops with Pineapple and Rice
Try adding a pinch of ground coriander or cayenne to the rice water for extra flavor. Reserve half the rice to serve alongside our recipe for Beef, Snap Pea, and Asparagus Stir-fry.
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops (2 1/2 pounds total, 1 inch thick)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 jalapeno, diced small
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season pork on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is slightly pink in center, 7 minutes per side. Remove from skillet. Transfer pork to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium. Add pineapple and jalapeno to skillet. Cook, stirring, until pineapple is tender, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce. Reserve half the rice and refrigerate for later use. Serve pork with pineapple mixture, rice, and cilantro.