Marinated Blue Crab Claws
Save the claws the next time you have a crab boil at your house, or purchase them already peeled from a local market. Make it ahead of time and pull it out of the fridge just in time for the party.
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 6 to 8 appetizer servings
Photography: STEVEN FREEMAN
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound cooked blue crab claws, outer shells removed
Combine all the ingredients except the crab claws in a large nonreactive bowl, and whisk to mix well. Add the crab claws and toss to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or as long as overnight.
Serve chilled or at cool room temperature in individual serving bowls or allow guests to serve themselves from a large bowl.