This simple and delicious brodetto recipe is from chef David Pasternack of Esca.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 16 Taylor Bay scallops, in the shell, scrubbed
- 16 Manila clams, scrubbed
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup whole parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Melt butter in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add apple; cook for 1 minute. Add scallops, clams, and cider. Cover and cook until shells have opened, 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove pot from heat and add parsley. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine. Serve immediately in a large serving dish, discarding any clams or scallops that have not opened.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2008