Thin Pear Tart
Whip heavy cream with sugar and a little pear brandy to accompany the tart.
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pear brandy
- 1 Bosc or Red Bartlett pear
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Heat oven to 400 degrees with rack in center. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Combine cream cheese and butter in a food processor. Add flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and salt, and process until combined. Dough will be sticky. Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet. With lightly floured fingers, pat dough out into a flat 8-inch circle.
In medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar with lemon juice and brandy. Halve pear lengthwise; core; leave skin on. Cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices; transfer to lemon-juice mixture; coat well. Place slices in strainer to drain liquid. Arrange lengthwise around border of dough, overlapping slightly. Arrange remaining slices in center. Sprinkle tart with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar. Dust pears with cinnamon. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.