The recipe for this sauce, seen here with Indian spiced lamb wraps, is courtesy of acclaimed actress Ellen Burstyn.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cumin seeds
- Cayenne or dried red pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
Place salt, garlic, paprika, cumin seeds, and cayenne or dried red pepper, if using, in a mortar and grind together using a pestle. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and stir in cilantro, parsley, oil, and lemon juice. Use immediately or store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 1 day.