These dainty tea sandwiches are spread with chive butter and layered with prosciutto and cucumber slices. They make a nice match with our fruity vodka-spiked iced tea.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2010
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 16 very thin slices white bread
- 1/4 pound Prosciutto or ham
- Thinly sliced English cucumber
- Ground pepper
In a small bowl, combine butter, chives, and mustard. Spread bread slices with a layer of seasoned butter. Top 8 bread slices with 2 slices each prosciutto and a layer of sliced cucumber. Season with pepper. Sandwich with remaining bread slices, buttered side down. With a sharp knife, cut off crusts, then cut each sandwich in half on the diagonal. Serve immediately or transfer to a platter and refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, up to 3 hours.