Fresh Breakfast Sausage
These from-scratch breakfast-sausage patties are an easy and great way to avoid preservatives and additives.
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled (or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled (or 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Ground nutmeg
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
In a small bowl, mix together pork, sage, thyme, maple syrup, pinch of nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Divide mixture into 4 patties (about 3 tablespoons each).
In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add patties and cook until browned, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and flip patties. Cover and cook until cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes.
SourceEveryday Food, September 2010