Greek-Style Pasta with Shrimp
If the pasta salad seems a bit dry, stir in a little more yogurt just before serving.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, June 2004
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound gemelli, or other short pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add half the shrimp; season with salt and pepper. Cook until just opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
Add garlic and 2 tablespoons water to skillet, and cook until garlic is tender, scraping up any bits from bottom of pan, about 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl with shrimp.
Add pasta, yogurt, lemon juice, mint, and olives; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.