Tuna Nicoise Crostini
These easy hors d'oeuvres call for ingredients that are most likely already in your pantry.
- Servings: 12
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1999
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 three-ounce can solid white tuna in oil, drained and broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Quick Crostini
Finely chop half the olives; set aside. Thinly slice the remaining olives; set aside.
Remove yolks from eggs; set aside. Place whites in a bowl. Using a fork, mash egg whites until 1/4-inch pieces are formed. Add mayonnaise, tuna, reserved chopped olives, capers, and chopped tarragon; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Place 1 tablespoon mixture onto each crostini.
Place reserved yolks in a sieve. With a spoon, press yolks through sieve into a bowl. Top each crostini with yolk, garnish with tarragon and reserved olives, and serve.