Our version of the classic ice cream treat replaces vanilla ice cream with hazelnut for an extra layer of flavor that's irresistible.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1999
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 4 bananas, peeled and split lengthwise
- 4 (about 1/2 pint) scoops coffee ice cream
- 4 (about 1/2 pint) scoops chocolate ice cream
- 4 (about 1/2 pint) scoops hazelnut ice cream
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Syrup
- 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce
- Wet Walnuts
- Fresh or brandied cherries
In a medium bowl, whip cream and vanilla-bean seeds with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
Place 2 banana halves in each of four dishes. Top with 1 scoop each of coffee, chocolate, and hazelnut ice creams. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and caramel sauce. Top with whipped vanilla cream, wet walnuts, and cherries; serve.