Hearts of Bibb Salad
A head of Bibb lettuce usually yields the right amount for one person.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June/July 1994
- 1 medium tomato, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 3 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 heads Bibb lettuce, with outer leaves removed, quartered
- 2 ounces Roquefort, crumbled
In a small mixing bowl, combine tomato and cucumber. Toss with vinegar and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Allow to sit for 15 minutes. Stir in parsley
Arrange lettuce hearts on plates and top with tomato mixture and cheese. Season with additional fresh pepper if desired.