Sugar Snap Peas with Toasted Almonds
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, (2 1/2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, (1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread almonds on a baking sheet; place in oven. Toast until almonds are golden and fragrant, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool completely. Transfer half the almonds to a cutting board, and chop coarsely. Place remaining half in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade; process until almonds are finely chopped, 15 to 20 seconds. Add coarsely chopped almonds, and stir to combine.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add peas, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; stir until all ingredients are well combined and heated through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds, and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl, and serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, May 2002