Sauteed Peppers with Vinegar and Oregano
This recipe for sweet and tangy sauteed bell peppers is good with pork chops or broiled salmon.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2010
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 sweet bell peppers (any color), cut into thin slices
- 1 hot red chile (optional), sliced
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onion softens, 3 minutes. Add bell peppers and chile, if using, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper; add vinegar. Stir to combine, cover, and cook until peppers soften slightly, 3 minutes. Toss with oregano.