Oil-cured olives give this tapenade a smooth texture; they are available in the gourmet section of most supermarkets.
- 1/2 cup oil-cured black olives
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
Slice olives in half using a sharp knife; discard pits. Finely chop olives, pine nuts, garlic, parsley, and rosemary; place in a small bowl.
To the bowl, add tomatoes, zest, and olive oil; mix to combine.
Serve at room temperature on the tuna nicoise sandwich. Tapenade can also be prepared ahead and refrigerated, covered, up to three days. Bring to room temperature before serving.