No one will guess that this sleek, modern wine rack is made of PVC pipe from a hardware store. The design is completely flexible, so you can create one to fit inside any shelf or cabinet and paint it to suit your own decor.
Tools and Materials:
- 4-inch PVC pipe
- Indoor/outdoor all-purpose spray primer
- Spray paint
- Industrial-strength self-adhesive Velcro strips
Cut pipe to desired length or have it done at the hardware store. Choose a spot for the wine rack that has supports on both sides, such as a cabinet. Then use Velcro strips to stabilize your configuration.
1. Using hacksaw, cut lengths of pipe to fit the depth of your cabinet or shelf.
2. Sand the cut edges smooth. Wipe the outside of the pipe with acetone to remove any oils, which would prevent the paint from adhering.
3. Spray pipes with primer; when dry, spray them with paint.
4. Once dry, join pipes to one another and to the base of your cabinet or shelf using Velcro strips.