Under 30 Minutes
Mixed Tomato Salad
There are thousands of varieties of tomatoes, including beefsteak, plum, and small-size cherry, grape, and pear. They are at their most flavorful in summer.
- 2 pounds mixed tomatoes, such as red or yellow beefsteak, cherry, grape, and pear
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 bunch arugula (6 to 8 ounces), washed well and dried
Core beefsteak tomatoes; cut each into 8 wedges. Halve grape and cherry tomatoes; leave pear tomatoes whole.
Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss arugula with half the dressing. Divide arugula and tomatoes evenly among four serving plates; drizzle tomatoes with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.