- 3/4 pound french green lentils
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 6 anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add lentils; reduce heat to medium- low. Gently simmer until lentils are just tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain well.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, anchovies, garlic, nutmeg, and salt; season with pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. Whisk in scallions, parsley, and tarragon. While lentils are still warm, add to dressing; toss to combine, and serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, May