Marinated Chicken Kebabs and Corn Salad
Skewered chicken, simply broiled, paired with a sweet and peppery corn-and-arugula salad makes a quick meal for one. Cooking for two? Simply double the recipe.
- 1/4 cup low-fat or nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedge for serving
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half (6 to 8 ounces), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels (from 1 ear corn)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and dill; season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour (or up to overnight).
Heat broiler, with rack in top position. Thread marinated chicken onto 2 metal skewers and place on a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil chicken, turning occasionally, until cooked through and dark brown in spots, 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss together arugula, corn, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve salad alongside kebabs with lemon wedge.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August 2010