Under 30 Minutes
Chicken Cutlets with Wax Beans, Chickpeas, and Spinach
A raw wax-bean side salad with spinach and avocado accompanies simple seared chicken.
- 1/2 pound wax beans, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 3/4 pound total)
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 6 cups)
In a medium bowl, stir together beans, chickpeas, avocado, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over high. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook until cooked through, 3 minutes, flipping halfway through.
In a large bowl, toss spinach with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken alongside spinach and bean mixture.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August 2010