Maple Bourbon Pecan Pie
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Pâte Brisée (Pie Dough) Pate Brisee
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large whole eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon, or dark rum
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (5 1/4 ounces) pecan halves
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Whipped cream, (optional)
On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8 inch thick. Transfer to a 9-inch pie tin, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Fold overhang under evenly. Using a paring knife, carefully cut out leaves from scraps of dough. Gently score leaves with the back of the knife to create veins. Place leaves on a baking sheet. Transfer lined pie tin and leaves to refrigerator. Chill for at least 30 minutes
Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, 4 whole eggs, corn syrup, maple syrup, bourbon, and vanilla. Fold in half the pecan halves. Pour filling into pie shell; arrange remaining pecan halves on top of pie.
Score the outer rim of pie. Beat 1 egg yolk, and brush over hatch marks. Adhere the leaves to the dough in a decorative pattern. Chill the pie for 30 minutes. Mix 2 tablespoons heavy cream with remaining egg yolk. Brush the egg glaze over the leaves, and transfer pie to the oven.
Bake 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake until a knife tip comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.