Wild Mushrooms in Parchment with Wild Mint
This delicious recipe is from chef Patricia Wells's "Vegetable Harvest."
- 1 pound large fresh cepes, or porcini, mushrooms, or a mix of chanterelles, cremini, portobello, or white button mushrooms, wiped clean, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, preferably wild, or oregano
- 4 large cloves garlic, halved lengthwise, green germ removed, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cut parchment paper into four 12-inch squares; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, mint, garlic, and oil; season with salt and pepper and gently toss to combine. Divide mixture evenly between pieces of parchment paper. Fold top half of parchment paper over mixture to enclose, and staple edges to seal.
Transfer parchment paper packets to a baking sheet. Place in the center of the oven and roast until mushrooms are soft and fragrant, about 25 minutes. Carefully open the mushroom packages and transfer the mushrooms to small warmed plates. Serve immediately.