Lily's Pork Broth with Tofu and Vegetables
This recipe, brought to us by Martha's friend Lily Mei, can be made using the broth from Lily's recipe for Twice-Cooked Pork.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2000
- 4 cups pork broth, can be reserved from Twice Cooked Pork Lily's Twice-Cooked Pork, skimmed of fat
- 2 large shiitake mushroom caps, cleaned and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 twelve-ounce cake soft tofu, cut into 1 1/2-by-1-by-1/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 pound fresh tender greens, such as watercress, pea shoots, or baby spinach
- Few drops toasted sesame oil
In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil over high heat. Add mushrooms, and return to a boil. Add tofu and salt. Return to a boil. Add greens, stir once, and remove from heat. Sprinkle with a few drops sesame oil. Serve immediately.