Chinese Fried Rice
Recipe courtesy of chef Michael Schulson.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 Thai chile, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups steamed white rice, chilled
- 1 cup Shao Xing, (Chinese wine), dry sherry, or white wine
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, chicken, pork, or crab (picked over for shells)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Heat a wok or medium skillet over high heat. Add the oil, and heat until it is very hot, but not smoking.
Add the ginger and chili to the pan; saute until golden brown. Add the scallions; cook for 30 seconds.
Add the eggs, and stir creating curds, as if you were making scrambled eggs. Take care not to shake the pan too much, as this will cause it to cool down.
Stir in rice. Pour over the wine or sherry, and cook until the wine has evaporated.
Add shrimp, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are heated through. Serve immediately.