This recipe is courtesy of chef Eric Ripert. Note: Raw eggs should not be used in food prepared for pregnant women, babies, young children, or anyone whose health is compromised.
- Yield: Makes enough for 4 servings
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2008
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Hot water, as necessary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. In the jar of blender, combine egg yolks and lemon juice. With the blender on medium, drizzle in butter until mixture is emulsified. If mixture seems too thick, stir in a little hot water to thin until desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper; keep warm until ready to serve. Stir in tarragon and shallot just before serving.