- Servings: 6
- 3-pound piece of beef for pot roast
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 4 medium Yukon gold or white potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 large onion (about 10 ounces), thinly sliced
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's tomato soup
Season beef with salt and pepper. Place carrots, potatoes, and onion in a Crock-Pot. Season with salt and pepper. Add bay leaf and thyme. Place meat on top of vegetables. Add soup. Cover, and cook on low heat for 8 hours (or high for 6 hours).
Remove meat to a cutting board. Transfer vegetables to a platter. Slice meat, and add to platter. Pour sauce into a liquid measuring cup and skim fat. Taste, and adjust for seasoning. Pour sauce over meat and vegetables, and serve.