Pasta with Green Beans and Tuna
For a burst of briny flavor, add 1 tablespoon chopped olives or capers to the tuna mixture.
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, June 2010
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 ounces fusilli or other short pasta
- 2 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 can (3 ounces) chunk light tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon natural almonds, chopped and toasted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions, adding green beans 1 minute before end of cooking. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine tuna, oil, almonds, parsley, lemon zest and juice, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Drain pasta and beans and add to tuna mixture. Stir to combine.