Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
The delicious cream cheese buttercream frosting recipe is a great addition to Angie Dudley's Cupcake Pops.
- Yield: Makes enough for about 50 cupcake bites
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 3148
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (1-pound) box confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Place cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until creamy, about 30 seconds.
With the mixer on low, slowly add sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowls as necessary.
Add vanilla and increase mixer speed to medium. Blend until frosting is fluffy, about 1 minute.