Cornbread Sourdough Stuffing
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 bulb fennel, ends trimmed, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Cornbread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 day-old 10-ounce sourdough ficelle, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped assorted fresh herbs, such as rosemary, sage, thyme, parsley, and marjoram
- 1 cup pitted prunes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 5 dried pears, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Homemade Turkey Stock, or low-sodium canned chicken broth, skimmed of fat
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and fennel; cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl, combine cornbread and sourdough. Add vegetables, herbs, prunes, and pears; season with salt and pepper.
Melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Add melted butter and turkey stock to stuffing mixture. Toss to combine; let cool.