Nutty Brussels Sprouts
This tasty brussels sprouts recipe is courtesy of chef Emeril Lagasse.
- 4 cups brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons sherry-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Trim any damaged leaves from brussels sprouts and trim stem ends. Using a sharp paring knife, make an "X" in the bottom of each sprout. Fill a saucepan fitted with a steamer basket with 1/2 inch water and bring to a boil over high heat. Place brussels sprouts in steamer basket and cook, covered, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, maple syrup, shallots, and mustard; let stand 5 minutes. Slowly whisk in oil and mix until emulsified; season with salt and pepper.
Add brussels sprouts and nuts to bowl; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2008