- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2006
- 1 pound spinach, tough stems discarded
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch watercress, coarsely chopped, plus small sprigs for garnish
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces assorted heads baby lettuce, leaves separated, for serving
Wash spinach; drain, but do not dry. Transfer to a large stockpot. Cover, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel, and squeeze out excess liquid. Let cool slightly; coarsely chop. Set aside.
Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate, and let cool slightly.
Whisk together yogurt and lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl. Stir in spinach, onion, and watercress; season with salt and pepper. Garnish with watercress sprigs, and serve with lettuce leaves for dipping.