Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Seasoned Salt
A copper gratin dish or cast-iron skillet is ideal for roasting potatoes, but a rimmed baking sheet works equally well. To ensure that the potatoes cook evenly, slice larger ones in half lengthwise and leave smaller ones whole.
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large ovenproof gratin dish or skillet in the oven 15 minutes. Combine salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary in a small bowl.
Toss potatoes in a medium bowl with the olive oil. Sprinkle generously with seasoned-salt mixture, and arrange potatoes in a single layer in preheated pan. Roast until they are golden on the outside and tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve hot with additional seasoned salt on the side.